Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Teaching Using Nearpod

Which one would you prefer?
All of your students pay attention to your board and do lots of work on the paper OR use gadgets to deliver your explanation to the students individually in their gadgets and do paperless work?
If you chose the second one, then Nearpod is one of your alternative apps.

Nearpod allows you to teach without using projector or LCD, you just have to connect all the gadgets of your students to your code of the class and the students can see what you see in your laptop. Well, you can actually use the LCD to perform the slides, but the students' gadgets are useless then. You can also add some small quizzes or exercises inside your Nearpod and paperless works here we go.

I will explain a bit about my Nearpod.
So in my Nearpod, my friend and I will teach about Procedure text to high school students grade 2. This is for the school learning type of setting as the material is used to be taught inside the classroom. Our target skills are reading and writing, while the component is grammar.

Here is a screenshot of my Nearpod:



The first step of our Nearpod is opening slide, which has the title of the topic materials. Then description, we used a video for the explanation. After that, we add some activity, which are multiple choices in a form of quiz. Lastly, we give a homework that we relate to British Council link. In the site, the students will have to see a video and then do some exercises bellow the video, and that's all. We only show and work on the lesson once and hopefully they can understand the lesson by the end of the lesson

I think making this kind of work is actually not so complicated because the template is basically there, we can also see the examples provided or from the other teachers. One thing that is a bit difficult for me is to organise the lesson and make the quiz because I have to think critically about the choices and the possible answers.

After doing the demonstration, I feel like I have to conquer my anxiety better next time and also the classroom management. But, I guess the most important thing to improve is the creativity of the teaching so that is not boring.

The link to my nearpod:
https://share.nearpod.com/vsph/LVdIT6QC5H

    2 comments:

    1. Hai! Nice post like always!
      I like that you explain it in detail.
      I'm agree with you about using Nearpod is pretty easy. Well for young people like us, maybe.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi lidya!!!

      Your post is really is nice. The way you explain is very clear and make us understand it easily. Good Job!!

      ReplyDelete