Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Collaborative Writing with Google Docs


In this collaborative writing, I chose to be the Outlining Facilitator. My main job as the outlining facilitator is to structure the essay based on model argumentative essays. So, first I should show my group the examples of argumentative essays and the generic structure we should include. Also, I did some changes on my friends' works in order to make the essay better and coherent in the correct grammar. I also give contribution in giving opinion about the topic and how we should arrange the essay. 

We have fun on writing the essay, as the topic is related to our current situation, so it makes me especially, feel interested in the topic. I find it also exciting to do the teamwork in a far distance but still can communicate well and give comments to the writings. I think our group have successfully create the essay because we already follow the rules and structures of argumentative essay and also we work really hard on writing the essay.

I think the time is the major problem in our group, because not all of the member could join at the same time as we are busy with other thing outside the writing project. So, I think the unsuccessful one is the gathering time of working together and do the chit chat. What I kind of pity from the app is when you copy and paste someone's work to make the better arrangement, it will be yours and your friends' works will be gone. Although, in the other tools we could see who did the writing at what time but still, for me it is confusing. 

Based on my individual experience, I would like to use the technique for my students' assignment, because it is not only so simple but the contributions of each students are also clearly visible. I would ask them to do the work together and I will be present at the time to see their work. I would not give short period of time because the work consumes time, maybe a week and so so.


Here is the link to our collaborative writing: 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lidya..!

    Your post about Collaborative Writing is really nice.. You explain all the details that you are working for.. And also, I like the design of your blog.. It's interesting..
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I'm agree with you that using Google Docs is useful, but not really effective. Even though, anybody that has been invited can add something anytime, but it still take a long time to finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lidya!!

    I think I am also interested with this topic because now many teachers use technology for their material but they do not think can technology replace the teacher? there are many pros and cons in this topic. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kak! very cute and lovely blog you have here!! i can say that because i love blue haha. but you explained it well too, great explanation to what your duty is and keep it up girl! good luck and God bless :)

    ReplyDelete