Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Quizlet

Quizlet is an application that can be used to create a teaching learning games or activities. It is so useful to make teaching and learning so much fun and interesting through games and quizes. 

Study Modes and Games
As a memorization tool, Quizlet lets registered users create "sets" of terms customized for their own needs. These sets of terms can then be studied under several study modes.
Flash Cards
This mode is similar to paper flash cards. In it, users are shown a "card" for each term. Users can click to flip over the card, or use their arrow keys, and see the definition for that term.
Gravity
In this study mode, definitions scroll vertically down the screen in the shape of asteroids. The user must type the term that goes with the definition before it reaches the bottom of the screen. It is one of the 'Play' study modes. Gravity was adapted from a previous game, Space Race. You can pick the level of hardness and game type.
Learn
In this study mode, users are shown a term or definition and must type the term or definition that goes with what is shown. After entering their answer, users see if their answer was correct or not, and can choose to override the automatic grading and count their answer as right if needed.
Long-Term Learning
In this study mode, users are given a recommended study set based on whether or not they answer study set questions correctly. Repetition of terms answered incorrectly increases in frequency and a dashboard shows learning progress over time. The mode uses spaced repetition concepts to focus on longer-term retention and subject mastery versus shorter-term memorization.
Speller
In this mode, the term is read out loud and users must type in the term with the correct spelling.
Match
In this study mode, users are presented with a grid with terms scattered around it. Users drag terms on top of their associated definitions to remove them from the grid, and try to clear the grid in the fastest time possible. Micromatch is a related matching game geared towards mobile devices and devices with small screens. Users may access the Micromatch mode on non-mobile devices by manually editing the URL in Match mode to use "micromatch" instead of "match." Match was previously attributed as "Scatter". Though the name of the study mode changed, the game itself did not.

The example of my Quizlet:




Source:

13 comments:

  1. Hi kak! really like your blog background for it's my favorite color, blue. and the font too!
    Your post there, if i am not mistaken, it is from wikipedia isn't it? and the way it is published doesn't seem to be edited before so i'm guessing it's a copy-paste ? this is quite a big deal so.. i'm sure you know what you've got to do after this :) GBU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I have mention the source though XD Well, I tried to edit it, but it ended up being blocked to white thingy there so well I post it as the way it is :'( GBU more!

      Delete
  2. Hai!
    I really like how to explain the Quizlet! It is so detail!
    I have use Quizlet, but I have not use all the feature, so it is good to know the features.
    I can't wait for you next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad my blog gives some positive points lol. Thank you so much for your comment. It is good to hear it from you :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lidya.. Your quizlet is fun.. i like the way you explain too... you explain almost everything. that will be a good knowledge.. that's great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eunice.. I hope that my explaination are useful :)

      Delete
  4. Hai kak, I am so interest with your Quizlet and also your explanation. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi kak, I am so glad to play your quizlet but I feel litle bit confused when I play this quizlet hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know riteee. I felt the same way at first. But, I really interested with these stuff, don't you? So well, I made the quizlet so that people can learn and so be it. Hope my quiz can give you new information :):)

      Delete
  6. hey kak,
    I really like your Quizlet! It's totally interesting yet fun. Have you watched a movie "Percy Jackson"? I f you really love the story about Gods, I bet you've seen that movie. Even you haven't, I suggest you to see that ASAP ;)

    Great great job girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lidya,

    Your quizlet is very interesting. Your explanation is also good but it is better if you summarize it.

    Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello :)

    Your quizlet is very interesting. I'm shocked that you pick this topic, because at first I'm not expect something special haha
    Btw, I like this kind of topic, and it kind reminds me of Percy Jackson movie.
    After all that, I enjoyed your quizlet and your explanation is great too!

    Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete